It's all about time, isn't it?
This morning I was as happy as I could be. I woke up after an uninterrupted deep sleep and had time to read a bit and write in my journal. I had two steaming cups of coffee while Matt and the kids were sleeping peacefully. I then went on a 45-mn run. The sun was shining, the air was crisp, and my iPod shuffled to all the right songs.
I returned home where the cabin was warm from the fire. Matt and the kids were up and playing Monopoly. I did last night's dishes, had strawberries and a hot bowl of oatmeal, then a hot shower. A fresh pair of yoga pants and clean clothes came next. Then the making of beds, tidying the living area, and I was ready to face the day.
And it was 11:00 a.m.
It was my ideal morning, and it took until 11 a.m. to do all I wanted to do. And, no phone was ringing, no one had to go to work or school. No wonder I feel crazy during the week -- I feel like I have failed in the morning if I have not accomplished all of those things in 1.5 or sometimes 2 hours -- adding in checking emails, preparing for whatever kid activity will take place that night, and thinking ahead to what weekend event comes next.
Every single time I come to the cabin I am reminded how grateful I am when I can slow down and just do less. Every time I leave, I vow to bring less stuff and more "slow" into my every day real life. And I will make that vow today when I leave as well.
Of all the gifts life gives, the gift of time must be one of my favorites. Enjoying it multiplies all of the others.
May you find yourself with time today. And in the weekdays ahead as well. It's there, we just have to remember to find it.